Toys For Toddlers
Toddlers are very interesting creatures. They learn at lightning speed each and every day, and may often seem like little whirlwinds spinning through your home. This is a very important developmental time of childhood; toddlers literally experience hundreds of new things a day. At this age, children do most of their learning through play, so choosing the right toys is very important to ensuring that your child is entertained and intellectually challenged. Here are some of the best types of toys for toddlers.
• Toys That Encourage Pretend Play – Toddlers love pretend play. Things like kitchens, garages and farms will be very popular at this age. These toys are great because they stimulate your child’s imagination, and let them expand their cognitive thinking and verbal skills. Plus, toys that can be used for pretend play are often those that children rarely grow tired of. After all, each day is a new adventure when you’re making it up as you go along!
• Ride On Toys – Your little one is ready for outside play, and will develop motor skills more quickly with some ride on toys. Simple toys that are pushed with the child’s feet are best at this age.
• Puzzles – Your child is ready for more complex puzzles. Pick puzzles that depict things he is interested in – animals, cars, bugs, etc. As you see your child develop, add puzzles with more and more pieces. By the age of 5, your child will likely be able to put together a 50 piece puzzle.
Click here for information on outdoor toys for toddlers
Click here for information on musical toys for toddlers
CLICK HERE FOR TODDLER & BABY PRODUCTS FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM
• Outdoor Play Things – Toddlers are always on the move , and will want to spend more time outdoors, whenever the weather permits. Balls, pretend lawnmowers, swings and slides are all great ways to expend all that energy. Climbing toys for toddlers will help your child expand his motor skills.
• Music – Buy compact discs from your child’s favorite television shows like Dora the Explorer, The Wonder Pets or Blue’s Clues. Your kids will love singing along to these songs they already know. Dancing is also a favorite activity at this age, so put on some music and get up and dance together. Toddlers love to “freeze dance” and it’s a great activity that you can do together. When the music’s playing, you dance, when it stops freeze in place.
• Books – Books never go out of style. But, because toddlers have so much energy you may need to keep the stories short. Books with lots of color and in subjects that are interesting to your toddler will be the most popular.
Click here for more information on toddler toys
Click here for information on ride on toys
toddler bath toys
page for more ideas.