Outdoor Toys For Toddlers
The greatest learning period of a child is during the toddler stage that is why parents find it difficult at times to choose toys for kids at this stage. During this stage, kids are learning about a lot of things and it is a fact that toys are the most influential medium of learning that your kids can have. That is why it is important to have toys that is not only fun but can also stimulate their senses.
It is advised that toys for toddlers aged one to three should focus more on physical play. The best outdoor toys for toddlers include ride on toys like wagons, bouncing house and many more. Toys like these allow kids to develop muscle control and burn their usually high energy levels.
Toddlers also love to mimic the people around them at this stage. That is why it is also important to give them an environment set up such as giving them kitchen sets, housekeeping tools, cars and many more.
When it comes to choosing toys for your toddlers it is very important that they are safe. Here are some basic safety tips when it comes to dealing with outdoor toys for toddlers.
First of all, make sure that the toys are durable. Toddlers are destructive and hyperactive. They love to bang things around, drop them and sometimes chew on them. This is why the toys you buy should be durable enough to withstand all this pressure. If toys are broken, dispose them immediately since they can accidentally put smaller pieces to their mouth and choke on them.
For toys that allow some climbing activities for your kids make sure that they have a solid base. Toddlers love to climb around so sometimes it is best to get those toys or play set that allows them to do so. Having a firm and solid base ensures that the outdoor toy will not collapse or tip over as your kid tries to climb over it. Also make sure that there is nothing poking out that could hurt your kid. Always double check the toy before you allow your kid to play in it.
Lastly, always follow the manufacturer’s instructions if there are any when it comes to assembling and placement. Make sure that you store outdoor toys properly in a dry storage area and most of all – do not let your children play outdoors alone.
Outdoor toys can entertain your child for hours, and help them to build healthy habits that will last a lifetime. If you have more than one child, good quality outdoor toys can be an investment that will provide years of enjoyment for your whole family.
When shopping for outdoor toys for your toddler, you should consider all your options. Look for quality toys that will stand up to the elements and satisfy your child. Consider your child's interests, and choose accordingly.
Here are a few must have toys to get you started:
1. T-Ball Set. Toddlers lack the coordination to hit a baseball if it is "pitched" to them, but a t-ball set allows event the smallest child to score a home run! T-ball sets for toddlers feature oversized bats and balls, and a stand that is just the right size for little sluggers.
2. Ride on Vehicle. Whether battery powered, or kid powered, your child will have a blast driving his or her own vehicle, just like the "grown ups" do. In addition to offering hours of fun, ride on toys help your child with dexterity and coordination, too.
3. Bouncy House. A bouncy house will get those little legs working! Children that play outdoors burn off lots of excess energy, and a bouncy house will allow even the youngest toddler a chance to jump and bounce without fear of falling or injury.
CLICK HERE FOR TODDLER & BABY PRODUCTS FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM
4. Pretend Tools or Kitchen Sets. Consider a mini tool bench, or mini kitchen set for your toddler. Choose a set that is suited for your child's age group, and you can be sure the accessories will be sized just right for his little hands. Kids love emulating mom and dad, and this type of play set encourages imaginative pretend play as well.
5. An inflatable trampoline with safety sides. A regular trampoline is a safety hazard for small children, so offer your child an inflatable trampoline, instead. Inflatables blow up quickly, and have high sides, so your toddler can bounce to her heart's content, without fear of falling off.
6. Swimming Pool. A toddler sized swimming pool can be the perfect outdoor toy for summer. Look for a set with appealing features, and if you live in a very hot climate, consider one with a "roof" to shield your toddler from the sun. The pool you choose for your toddler doesn't have to be large to be fun-most toddlers prefer a small pool with only a few inches of water. Never let your toddler play in a pool unattended-even a small pool can be a safety hazard to a small child.
7. Sandbox. A sandbox is suitable for many ages, and can be used by multiple children at one time. Stock your sandbox with great accessories, and be sure to choose a box with a lid, to keep your sand clean and ready to use.
8. A toddler slide. Your toddler may be too small to use the "big kid" slide. By getting a toddler slide, you provide your child the opportunity to practice sliding on a smaller scale. Climbing the ladder, sitting down, and sliding help your toddler practice her large motor skills as well.
Whatever toys you choose, assemble them carefully, and show your child how to use them. By offering an array of fun outdoor toys to choose from, you encourage your child to engage in activities that will keep them fit and healthy for a lifetime.
Click here for more information on outdoor toys for toddlers.
Click on this link to return to the homepage.